If you would like to view a detailed Google Map, click here.
To check the Eruv status, call (973) 736-1407 ext. 234
Directions to travel the perimeter of the Eruv:
- Begin facing north on Pleasant Valley Way in front of Brighton Gardens of West Orange (220 Pleasant Valley Way)
- Heading north on Pleasant Valley Way the Eruv uses the fence of Montclair Golf Course on east side of street
- Golf course fence runs along Pleasant Valley Way until across from #27 Pleasant Valley Way, where eruv transfers to a telephone pole, and we continuing using the lines on the poles until Morningside Drive.
- Turn left on Morningside Drive; we use the wires on the south side of the street.
- Turn right (North) on Oakridge
- Left of Fellswood >> keep right at the fork
- Left on Fells Road South
- Left on Devon Road South
- Right on Old Eagle Rock
- Left on Eagle Rock Avenue, crossing Rall Court, Evelyn, Alsop
- Right on Laurel Avenue south, crossing Barton, Pine, Lasalle, I-280.
- Keep left at the fork onto Shrewsbury
- Continue on Shrewsbury, crossing Rt. 10
- Shrewsbury turns into E. Cedar St.
- Left on Northfield (we use the wires on the north side of the street)
- Left on Pleasant Valley Way
- Right on Cornell Street until fence of Essex County Country Club
- Continue west along Old Indian Road, using the fence as the boundary of the eruv
- Right onto Pleasant Valley Road
- Right onto Mt. Pleasant Avenue / Rt. 10 (we mostly use the north side of the street as the eruv boundary)
- Left on Marion Drive
- Left on Rooney Circle (into Essex Green Shopping Center) wrapping around to two right turns until traffic light
- Exit Essex Green Shopping center turning Left on Prospect Ave North
- Eruv on right side of Prospect until overpass after entrance to I-280, and it then continues on the western side of Prospect
- The Eruv continues on Prospect to intersection of Eagle Rock Ave
- *The Eruv turns right at Boland Drive and includes Eagle Ridge � see map for further details*
- Continue on Prospect crossing Eagle Rock Ave and Woodland Ave
- Eruv ends at the fence immediately following the Marriott Residence Inn and connects to the fence of the Montclair Golf Club
- Eruv, along the fence, continues along the perimeter of the golf course all the way back to Pleasant Valley Way.*Please note that Verona Park is NOT within the boundaries of the eruv and one may not carry past Morningside Road, just before the park entrance.*